Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We Were All Marvelous Kiddos: Vintage Baby Photos, Part 1

I have been positively tickled by the enthusiastic response to my post, wherein I solicited the vintage baby photos of my awesome readers.  I received so many great photos, and so many excited comments and emails, that I am re-extending the invitation, so as to allow more people to contribute.  So, in case you haven't sent your pic in yet, go ahead and do it!  I'll post part 2 tomorrow.

Now, without further ado, the highlights of what I've received thus far...

Kelly Anne of Have Degree Will Travel, with her lovely mom.  
Kelly Anne wrote:
"This is my mom and me at the Steinway baby grand she bought for a song (not literally) before I was born. It celebrated its 80th birthday this past January. It's so weird to realize how red my hair was when I was a baby. It looks nothing like that now! My mom's still as gorgeous, though." 

Joanna Goddard, of A Cup of Jo, with her twin sister Lucy (top photo) and Lucy and Joanna with their mother (bottom photo):
Joanna wrote:
 "The first is my twin sister and me, getting ready to go roller-skating in our neighborhood. (I love those old-school skates that tie onto your shoes!) My mom tried not to dress us in matching outfits -- to encourage separate identities, etc. -- but I guess sometimes she couldn't resist. :) Lucy is on the left, and I'm on the right.  The second is my twin sister (middle) and me (left) with my mom. I'm always struck by how young my mom looks in this photo -- she was only 28! We were visiting my grandparents and eating Popsicle after Popsicle. :)"

I was struck by the similarity of the next two photos.  The first one was submitted by my mom, Martha, and it shows her on my grandmother's lap, sitting on stairs, when she was an infant.  The next one was sent in by Taro's mom, Riki, and it depicts basically the exact same scene -- her as an infant with her mother sitting on steps!  How cool is that?

Here's another one of my mom when she was a little older, which is absolutely hysterical:

The next two are from my friend Coralissa Delaforce, who writes the blog, Family of Force.  In her email, Coralissa pointed out that she once looked like her newborn son, Nainoa, and I couldn't agree more!  Click here to compare for yourself, and coo over Nainoa's supreme cuteness!

The next fabulous baby pic was sent in by Peta Mazey, of Wellington, New Zealand.  I love that it shows her with her dad :)  Peta is an extraordinary photographer.  Check out her amazing photos, here.

How cute is the next photo, sent in by Sara Banal of Barcelona, Spain!  It shows Sara eating her very first cookie.  You can't beat that!

And last but not least for today, we have two photos of Laura Peterson, of The 6 La La's.  Here's what Laura had to say:
"The first one I am one year old and my father, who is the HUGEST joke-ster, put a long black wig on me. It's funny to me because I love to see that he has always been like that and no age is safe from his sense of humor. :-)  The second one, is right before my first airplane ride. I was born in Honolulu and we were getting moving back to the mainland. I'm 3 and I don't have a care in the world."

I had so much fun doing this post!  I can't wait to see what else you guys send in...

No comments:

Post a Comment