Friday, July 3, 2009

My Summer Reading...

If my posting has been rather light here over the last few days, that is in part because I have been chipping away at my summer reading list. Since I'm knocked up, my interests have gravitated to the topic of pregnancy and birth. At this point, I have focused on the books pictured above, Your Best Birth by Ricky Lake and Abby Epstein, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin, and Pushed by Jennifer Block.

The only one I have finished so far is Your Best Birth, which was an excellent, accessible read that I would recommend to anyone who is expecting, no matter where you plan to give birth.  It provides a wealth of information about maternity-care options in the US, and it really empowers women to take charge of the experience of pregnancy and childbirth.  

I'll post more about the other two once I've finished them!

What books have you read about pregnancy and childbirth?  Are there any titles that especially influenced/enlightened you as you prepared to give birth?  I'd love to hear your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment