Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Celebration

Last night Taro surprised me for our anniversary by taking me to dine at this magical establishment located under the Brooklyn Bridge, called the River Cafe (that's the restaurant in the photo above, actually floating in the East River with the magnificent span of the bridge flying overhead!). We had never been there before, but Taro had really done his research, so it proved to be one of the most perfect, romantic settings that we've ever dined in.  This was the view from our table (we watched the sun set over Manhattan):
For dessert they brought us their signature confection, a delicious cake adorned with a miniature chocolate model of the Brooklyn Bridge...
When we returned home, our friend and babysitter, Naudia, kindly took the following family photos to commemorate the occasion.  Since yesterday marked my 32nd week of pregnancy, these two pics can also serve as this week's belly shot:
Note:  For our date Taro wore the very same custom-made suit he wore for our wedding, and I wore one of my new Butter By Nadia dresses.

When we got home we followed our yearly tradition of repeating our wedding vows to one another.  I will leave you with those vows that we wrote six years ago, words which continue to shape our marriage every day:


 I vow to be faithful to you in mind, heart, and body.


I vow to be honest and share my true self with you. 


I vow to be a good communicator, to have patience, 


to listen to and be supportive of your dreams, 


and share my dreams with you.


I vow to be open minded and open hearted.


I vow to forgive your imperfections and to be able to ask forgiveness for mine.


I vow to be your teacher and your student.


I vow to be humorous and playful.  


I vow to be unselfish, to put our relationship first.


I vow to be the best parent that I can to our children. 


I vow to value your love and not take you for granted.  


These are my joyful vows.

No comments:

Post a Comment